Looking to make a big difference in the community as we start the new year? We have an opportunity for you!
Thanks to several new grants, ShelterCare has access to 83 apartments for permanent housing in Eugene and Springfield. We have successfully moved 30 clients into these units. We are ready to move more clients into the remaining units. While we have the apartments, we are facing challenges when it comes to finding home furnishings.
To help address the issue, we are encouraging individuals, families and groups (churches, businesses, service organizations, etc.) to mobilize and help our clients turn their houses into homes. We are have some urgent needs for the clients who have already moved in, and some on-going needs for the remaining apartments.
If this interests you, we have three ways to get involved:
(1) Review the list and consider making a tax-deductible donation of a needed item at our new Center for Programs and Services (499 W. 4th Ave., Eugene);
(2) make a monetary donation, or
(3) help us get the word out by sharing the #House2Home message on social media with your friends, family and colleagues.
After all, we do this work together.
Questions? Contact us at development (at) sheltercare (dot) org, or call 541-686-1262 and ask for the development department. Thank you!
- Twin/Full beds
- Small loveseats
- Small tables (dining room, end, coffee, night stands)
- Small dressers
- Living room chairs
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Shower curtains and rods
- Double/full-size sheets (both flat and fitted)
- Mattress pads
- Some sort of bed covering
- New vacuums
- Comet cleanser
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Laundry soap
- Laundry baskets
- Spray cleaner
- Garbage bags